Saturday, November 6, 2010

First Easel Cards!!!

I can't believe that I put off making an Easel Card for SOOO long! For some reason, they just looked difficult, and I was intimidated by them. This afternoon, I saw a tutorial for them, and thought I would give it a try on one of them. I ended up making THREE - they were so easy, and look so neat when they are finished! Here they are:

This first one, I used the cartridge From My Kitchen for the toaster, stuck all the parts together, then coated it with Glossy Accents! Makes it look even more cool and retro! Added a button, some ribbon, and some fake stitching with my Sakura glaze pen...


The next one is a great "guy" card! Those are usually SOOO hard, so I was really excited about this one! Used Just Because Cards for the car, and like the toaster, stuck it all together, and topped it with Glossy Accents. Punched the "button" with the Martha Stewart button punch, and also applied Glossy Accents. A little scribbling, ribbon, and a stamp sentiment finished it off.


The last one, used Create a Critter for the bee, a Peachy Keen stamp for the face, Walk in My Garden for the daisy, Martha Stewart branch punch, some ribbon, and a stamped sentiment. (I couldn't believe that with all my stamps, I didn't have a single "Hap-bee birthday" stamp! So I had to settle for this...)

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are wonderful! I have only made one easel card, but after seeing yours, I think I want to make another one! Great job, Thanks for sharing :)
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete