Monday, July 18, 2011

Tacky Tuesday Challenge - Cool Treats!

Well...I have been wanting to do this for a while, and always seem to miss the deadline! This time is close, but I made it in time! I made this for Challenge #8 Tacky Tuesday's. The challenge was to make a project with a cool summer treat, and include the word "sweet" somewhere in the sentiment. I am also entering this in the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - I Scream for Ice Cream!!!

My ice cream came from the Cricut Cartridge Straight from the Nest. I used lots of patterned paper! The background shape came off of the same cartridge. I inked the edges of everything, added some doodles, and a bit of bling. The little tag I made by just using a Fiskar's corner punch on a scrap of paper and the sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's stamps. Finished off with a little ribbon bow.

10 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out, the patterned paper is perfect for the ice cream and gives the card lots of fun detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...this is just so,so pretty! Love the scalloped, embossed mat and your inking is great. The patterned paper makes such a great ice cream cone, love it! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!
    http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve the paper and the scallop oval... Pretty card! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Heather! First, the paper is fantabulous! I especially like how you used patterned paper on the ice-cream scoop. The scalloped embossed and inked mat is beautiful! The ribbon is a great touch! Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB! Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Heather! Love the patterned papers and embossing! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Just became a follower! Would love for you to visit my blog!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather -- a wonderfully gorgeous card! I love the embossing and inking, and your paper placement for the ice cream scoop is perfect -- love how the scallops are just in the right place! Thanks for playing with us this week at FCCB!

    Jessica
    Fantabulous Cricut DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the colours! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super yummy and the sparky gems are a great touch to a delicious Ice cream cone. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beautiful patterned papers you used! Makes a beautiful ice cream cone! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your winning over at Fantabulous Cricut. Much deserved~great card!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete