Saturday, December 31, 2011

I think my favorite card of all time!

Good morning! I made this card for the January My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest over at Splitcoast Stampers to use paper-piecing - and can I just say, that I think this is my favorite card I have EVER made?!?!? I LOVE the Pure Innocence line of stamps - ADORE the Picadilly collection of paper from Basic Grey - and SOOO enjoy paper piecing with stamps! Here it is:
The background frame is cut on my Cricut using Elegant Edges, then Plantin Schoolbook for the center oval. I used LOTS of different papers to do the piecing with, then my Copics for the face, arms, legs, hair, and tiny heart flip in the hair. Used a white gel pen to color in the sprinkles on the cupcake.
When I did my piecing, I did a couple extra layers for the sleeve - so it looks like it is popped out from the rest of her dress. Not sure if you can see it in the pictures or not.  
All the edges are inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen, and Vintage Photo for the base piece of cardstock. Finished off with a bit of Papertrey Ink Twine and one of their buttons, and pop-dotted the framed image off the background for a little extra dimension.  
Thanks for stopping by! And once again - in case this really IS the last thing I post today - wishing you a very happy and blessed New Year!!!

And...if you care to check it out, I have a new blog started, to chronicle my efforts at a "Project 365" - basically a picture for every day of the year focused on one of the ways I am blessed or what I am thankful for. (My hubby got me an awesome camera for Christmas, so I want to challenge myself to learn how to use it better throughout the year as well!) It is called Seeing the Blessings Around Me if you want to check it out and let me know what you think! Blessings to you!


3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card! Love all the papers and paper piecing. Happy new Year! ~ Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! so many amazing details in this card. i love the paper piecing, and such a great idea to make the sleeve pop. she looks adorable!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO Cute--LOVE the papers and I LOVE your coloring! This is def. a FAV of mine:) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete