Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Guest Designing at Liz's Paperloft!


Good morning! Today I am guest designing over at Liz's Paperloft! Since it is suddenly getting very close to Mother's Day (how did that happen so quickly?!?!?!) I decided to make a Mother's Day Card! I kept it pretty simple: 
To start off, I used a Spellbinder's Nestabilities, but instead of cutting it, I used a couple of tiny pieces of tape to attach it to my card front, then just ran it through my Cuttlebug with the embossing pads. So instead of cutting, it just got a little deeper emboss on that line. I thought it had a cool framing effect.
I then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a Silhouette - there are also several choices for those on the Cricut that I could have used. Attached that to the card, along with a sentiment from My Creative Time Stamps - the very first set I purchased, "Mom You Rock."  
Finished off with some Crinkle Ribbon in a matching red, and a couple of stick on red gems that I got from Michael's recently.
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

Now I hope you'll pop over and visit me at Liz's Paperloft - here is what she has to say:

Now, Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet.  However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment!  Not only is she reading them, but she's counting them too, because at the end of all of this she will have two big announcements!  The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY!  The second, it's a big one... and no, she's not coming out with stamps... you'll just have to wait and see!



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Hopping over to Liz's blog too!!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card. I love the patterned paper and the cameo cut. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO elegant Heather! The rest is such a bold color, but it still looks so elegant! Love it! Now... stop with the Cameo... I haven't got one yet and won't remember everything. Your supposed to wait, right? Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweetie...love the framing effect! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card-love the embossing around the silhouette:) Looks fabulous! congrats on your GD spot at Liz's Paper Loft:)Great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete