Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Friends with Flair - Dreams


Good morning and happy Friday - and Unity Friends with Flair! I love my card for today! I tried a few new things on it. 
I recently got a paper crimper and couldn't wait to try it! I ran a piece of kraft cardstock through it, then brushed some white craft paint over the edges and across part of the center.
The poppies are from the April KOTM, colored with Copics, then I ran it through my Cuttlebug using a PTI Impression Plate and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink. 
I stamped the sentiment in brown ink, and in pink, then cut out a few words, inked the edges, and layered it over the brown for some dimension and interest.
The background paper is from Echo Park's This and That Graceful 6x6 paper pad. I also added some twill ribbon and jute twine from Ribbon Carousel.  
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your Friday is wonderful - and you have a wonderful weekend!



23 comments:

  1. beautiful card, love the colors and papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. My crimper has not seen the light of day for years. Love how you painted the piece of Kraft. Thanks for the idea. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poppies look amazing! Such a beautiful backdrop you created, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors! and the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. I have this image and now I am motivated to get it inked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the frosting on the crimped background! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful flowers. love the card's textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your flower are lovely. and great color chioce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sentiment. Neat technique on the crimped paper. Lovely card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card. I just made a card with that paper pack...so pretty. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the texture of the kraft with the paint on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is really amazing. Love everything about this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Heather this is Beautiful!! Love the colours and all the elements on this card. It looks Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, WOW, Heather. This is ANOTHER beautiful card! Your cards always take my breath away for a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! I have never gotten anything to look this good with my crimper, LOL! Love how you inked it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love the paint on your crimped cardstock. It makes me want to "dust off" my crimper and give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! I love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Heather! I really love the crimped cardstock. It's such a great distressed cardboard look! Out of all the things I have, I don't have a crimper. Something old school to add to my wish list. On the hunt for one now. Hee! Hee! Love the coloring too! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an amazing card!! i my just get out my crimper again, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! I love the bright colors and all of the fun texture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card... Love the message it sends too! Perfect!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete