Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MFT Getting Sketchy #73


Hello! I actually got this done a few days ago, but this is the first opportunity I had to get it posted! Anyway - this is my entry for this weeks My Favorite Things Getting Sketchy Challenge #73:
And here is this weeks sketch:


I have to laugh - because I usually change the square sketches to rectangles - and this week, I changed a rectangle one to a square! Oh well! It is just what worked for me! I just got some paper that is specially made for Copics - and this is the first image I colored up to test it out. I LOVE it! Can't believe how much easier it is to make the markers do what I have been wanting them to do. Now...I need more markers! :0)
The sentiment is from the brand new release from My Creative Time - thought it was so cute with this image! And I added some flowers I cut with my Cricut using the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge, then inked the edges of with Tim Holtz distress ink. Tucked a few "leaves" that I punched with my Martha Stewart branch punch.
I then used some yellow chevron ribbon from Ribbon Carousel, trimmed a piece of lace in half lengthwise, and glued it to the back, and put the whole thing down under the center panel.
Finished off with a couple of stick on pearls in the top left corner.
Hope you are having a wonderful day! 



6 comments:

  1. So pretty...lovely colouring too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, what copic paper are you using and enjoying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! The closer I looked, the more I saw! What a fun and creative card! Such an adorable card! Great work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete