Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Peachy Keen Challenge - it's a sketch challenge!


Hello! It time for another Friday challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps! This week we have a super fun sketch for you to try out! Here is what I made this week:
And here is our fun sketch:


Here are the sets I used this week:




I haven't used that cloud background stamp nearly enough, so I started with that.
Stamped the rainbow and cloud, colored with Copics, then fussy cut them out. Added a small layer of stickles over the rainbow for some sparkle, and a bit around the edges of the cloud - and of course stamped a cute face!
When I stuck the rainbow down, I put foam adhesive under the cloud and that side of the rainbow, but not the other side. I wanted it to look as if the rainbow was coming off the card at you!
Added some ribbon from cotton twill Ribbon Carousel for the banners, and the sentiment with a rainbow of bling attached with my Jolee's heat set tool. 
I couldn't believe how difficult it was to get a good picture of this with the glitter. In the last picture, it looks like the rainbow is curled all over the place, and I promise it really isn't in real life!!!

Now hop on over to the Peachy Keen blog to link up your creations! Can't wait to see them!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! What a fun and creative card! I love the sparkle and how you repeated it in the gems! Great work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...love those banners and all the glitter. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is BEAUTIFUL! I love the whole design and concept. Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, TOTALLY and completely ADORABLE, Heather! Wonderful job with this sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crazy about this card!! So super cute!! I am crazy about rainbows and the bling is such an awesome touch!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love the stamping and the black banners are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, it's so pretty with such a glittery rainbow, who wouldn't have a happy bday is it started out with a rainbow and adorable fluffy cloud, love how you did the clouds face....that background stamp is on my wish list along with all the latest ones.... I need to start collecting them, they are all perfect!
    ty for visiting my blog and leaving me some love on my pk sketch father's day card, he loved it and thought it was very cool, :) mission accomplished :) have a great day

    ReplyDelete