Monday, July 23, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge - Christmas in July!


Good morning! It's time for a new challenge over at My Craft Spot! This time the challenge is Christmas in July! This was a bit more of a challenge than I expected...because much to my surprise, I didn't have any if My Craft Spot's Christmas stamp sets! So I had to get a little more creative! Hopefully this is Christmas-y enough!
I also used this weeks sketch for MFT Getting Sketchy #81 - here is the sketch:

I used a cute Pure Innocence image, and colored her with my ever-growing Copic collection. 
The papers are from a Christmas paper pad I had in my stash -don't remember who they are by even! 
After I colored the image, I fussy cut her out, and attached her with foam adhesive to my kraft paper square. Stamped the sentiment from the My Craft Spot stamp set called Sweet Sentiments #2, and added some Vintage Cherry twine (as well as Vintage Green on the button), and used some strips of and Milk Chocolate Crinkle Ribbon to separate the layers behind the main image. (You can find these HERE and HERE)
Here you can see the dimension a little better: 
And here is a closer shot of my slow learning of Copics! I think I might be getting the hang of shadowing a little bit, even though I have a long way to go! Still think they are so much fun! 
And that's it! My Christmas card that could also be used for a birthday card, if you wanted too! 
Now I hope you will hop on over to My Craft Spot and check out what the rest of the Design Team made, and also check out the details on how to join in on the fun! Would love to see YOUR Christmas in July project too!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable...great paper and sweet little image! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a super cute card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling is this! This reminds me of a pic we toook of our first born years ago while peeking out of a gift wrapped box . love it! TFS
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Heather! I love the sentiment and your coloring is always perfection!

    ReplyDelete