Thursday, September 13, 2012

MFT Getting Sketchy #89


Ah...it feels so good to be getting back a little into the crafty swing of things! Most of my crafty stuff is unpacked now...not organized, so I spend a lot of time trying to find what I'm looking for, but at least it's out where I can play with it! However, we are heading back home for a visit, and will be gone about a week, so I'm afraid that the crafty time will be slowing down a bit - but that's okay! I have a post or two scheduled while I will be gone anyway! 

One of the reasons we will be going back home is to celebrate some birthdays. Since one of the birthday cards I needed was for my nephew, I thought I would also get in a sketch challenge at the same time! This is for this weeks MFT Getting Sketchy #89:
And here is the sketch:

Pretty easy - I stuck almost exactly with the sketch. Stamped this cute little image on pattern paper, then colored lightly with Copic markers. 
The tab at the top is a MFT Die-namic, and I hand trimmed the banner on the bottom. 
Pop-dotted the panel with the main image for some dimension, and finished off with some stick on pearls.
Oh - and the pattern paper is from an Echo Park 6x6 paper pad (can't remember which one - and don't have time to dig it out right now! Time to go do some packing!)

Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Heather ~ too CUTE!!! LOVE the desing of the card! I need to keep this sketch in mind! Of course your coloring I adore but the paper ~ LOVE!!!! Well so glad to hear you are starting to craft! It just takes time! Have a fun and safe trip home too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adroable---that's a great sketch! I really like the image you used & papers, too!

    ReplyDelete