Thursday, November 15, 2012

I LOVE YOU - shape card

Hello! I love those cards that pop into your head and you just know that they are going to be fun! This one took a little more work than I expected to make it look like I pictured in my head - but after 3 tries, I'm finally happy with how it turned out! Here it is:
 I had been rolling around in my head all of the different Moxie Fab Paper Crafting Tips and Tricks Week Challenges, in particular the Alphabet Stickers Challenge - and as I was trying to fall asleep the other night, this idea popped into my head! I took a few days to have time to put it together, but I'm so glad I was able to!
I used my Silhouette Cameo to weld together two large capital I's in to a card shape - this is about 5x7 inches high. I then cut out a smaller I for the center, and an elongated heart. The white cardstock is by Papertrey ink - rustic cream, and the red is from an older Echo Park 6x6 paper pad.
I used a PTI Linen Impression plate on the white letter I, then inked the edges of everything with Tim Holtz distress ink. Added the scrabble letters (they are Thickers that I just got recently and LOVE!!!), and a bit of natural jute twine in a bow along the bottom. Attached the heart with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension. 
I'm so glad you came to see me today! Hope you are having a wonderful day! 

7 comments:

  1. Heather ~ OMG!! I can't tell you how much I LOVE, LOVE this card!!! OMG!! I have to borrow this sometime and give you FULL credit!!! WOW, WOW and did I say WOW!! I LOVE you for making this card!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design...love it! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card , TFS !! I hate to say but valentines
    Day is fast approaching and this would be such a cute idea for the hubby, I LUV it .
    Hugs
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful card and idea for that challenge. It is so creative to think of using the letter "as" the card.Great idea.

    ReplyDelete