Friday, January 25, 2013

Market Street Stamps Guest Designing - Day 2

Good morning! It is my second (and final) day as January Guest Designer for Market Street Stamps! For my post today, I had fun combining the sentiments and images from two different sets! Here is the first one:

The two sets I used are Hit the Mark:




That first sentiment just jumped out at me and I pictured an arrow stuck right in the center of the heart!
I used some Glitz Designs papers from a 6x6 paper pad, and added some stitching around the outside edges. 
I stamped the tree, colored just the leaves with my Copic markers, then stamped and paper pieced the heart in the center. Finally, I stamped the arrow on top of it all and added my sentiment.
The second card was kind of the same thing - that sentiment made me think of missing the mark - which is probably what I would do were I to actually attempt to take up archery!
I stamped the target, and added a button and some twine in the center. Next, I stamped the arrows, and paper pieced the top part. I selectively stamped my sentiment so that it would fit where I wanted it, and inked it up with different colors.
Used black and white cardstock, and the woodgrain and red papers are from an older My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad. Finished off with some washi tape under the sentiment - and the only thing I wish I would have changed would be to have the chevrons pointing the other way! I have already mailed this card off, otherwise I would have fixed it and re-photographed! But even though something was bugging me, I didn't figure it out until afterwards! Oh well!
Thanks again Market Street Stamps for this super fun opportunity! I so enjoyed it! And thanks to everyone who stopped by! Thanks for all your kind words!

4 comments:

  1. Both are wonderful...fabulous designs!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather these are AMAZING!!! Truly wonderful job, and I love your take on these sets! We've SO loved having you this month as our guest designer, thank you for creating such gorgeous designs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work as always love how you used these sets!!!

    ReplyDelete