Sunday, August 18, 2013

PS SPARKS Challenge - Cool Shades

Hello! It's time for a new challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!


This week it is a Cool Shades Challenge:


Here is the color palette - Sizzle:


As soon as I saw the color palette - I couldn't help but think of fall and Thanksgiving - and I really wanted to use feathers, but didn't have a Paper Smooches set with feathers (at least that I could find!) So...I got creative and made up my own! :-)


The feathers were made using one of the leaves from the stamp set Calico, stamped on kraft paper with MFT inks. I added the center striping with the long thin stem partially inked with white pigment ink. SOOOO fun! I also created the background using the tiny polka dot cluster from the same set stamped with white pigment ink randomly on my card base. I also inked the edges a bit with distress ink.


I used Scallop Frame Dies to make my frame with dark brown cardstock, and my sentiment is from Many Thanks (this months free set with purchase!)


Finished off with a couple of washi strips behind the front panel and a wrap of jute twine tied in a bow, then attached the front panel with foam adhesive.


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Please stop by and see what the rest of the SPARKS team put together:

7 comments:

  1. Fall! SO very happy!! Wonderful card.

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Fall card - and wonderful inspiration for using the Calico set! Love this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! How FUN is this card!! I LOVE the Neat Design!! Such a GREAT Way to use those feathers!! =) Love the touches of tape poking out behind the rectangle too!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER pretty-- love the stamping on kraft.... love the frame and the twine.... LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! I esp. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that "feather"!! You = SUPER GENIUS! LOVE x1000000:) Thanks for sharing that tip! I owe you!

    ReplyDelete