Thursday, August 22, 2013

Soft and Dreamy with AE and Curtain Call

Good morning! I managed to sneak in a card for a couple more challenges yesterday - and I LOVE how soft and dreamy this one came out!


The first challenge was the August Avery Elle Sketch Challenge - I pretty much followed the sketch exactly, just elongated it to a vertical design instead of horizontal:
The next challenge was the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - balloon animals always make me think of the fair - and I loved the soft dreamy colors in this inspiration photo:


I used lots of pretty papers from Crate Paper's 6x6 DIY shop paper pad - one of my fav collections ever! I matted each layer with Avery Elle kraft cardstock, which I also used for my cardbase.


I stamped the balloon animal from Party Animal on my pattern paper with soft MFT ink - again, loving that soft dreamy look! The sentiment is from Handwritten Notes stamped with MFT kraft ink.


I added some ivory jute twine, and a few Winter Blend sequins for embellishment.


Thanks for stopping by this morning! Have a great day!!!

8 comments:

  1. WOW!Such a beautiful card! Love everything about this, and how perfect for the challenges! I've added the Crate Paper to my wish list (love patterned paper!!). Gorgeous!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft tones are beautiful! Love the pattern papers you used to!
    Fantastic card Heather!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cuteness!!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card. Love the soft colors and the sequins. Thank you for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute....love the soft colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Challenge!

    ReplyDelete