Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sweet and Sparkly Deer

Hello! Around Thanksgiving, I took advantage of the awesome sale that Nicole over at Sweet Stamp Shop did and got a couple of the then newer sets that I had been drooling over! The other day I had the opportunity to finally play with them (YAY!!!) - and made this using the Monogram It set to link up with the Simon Says Stamp - Bling It On Challenge:


You really can't see it in this picture, but I stamped the deer with Tsukineko Golden Glitz Delicata Ink - and it is TOTALLY my new favorite gold ink! LOVE! Totally shimmery and glitzy and pretty! I stamped the bow over the top with MFT ink, and the sentiment on the bottom with Hero Arts Shadow ink, then cut it out with a Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die.


I used Basic Grey Persimmon pattern papers, and cut a shadow for behind the front panel and wrapped some jute twine around it before attaching each layer with foam adhesive.


For the outer edges of the card, I rounded the corners, smeared (technical term here!) some Glossy Accents on, and sprinkled on some Gold Crushed Glass Glitter - also love the texture and glitter this gives! Finished off with a few Avery Elle sequins tucked here and there.




3 comments:

  1. Heather ~ BEAUTIFUL card! I hope you know I ADORE your creations always! I at times cant keep up but always admire them! I also wanted to say before I leave blog land for the year ~ wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, very sparkly !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge !

    Wishing you a very happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete