Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stencils, Texture, and the Runway!

Good afternoon! Had a little more time to play this morning, so thought I would get this posted this afternoon (especially since one of the challenges it is for is ending tonight!):


First up - the new Runway Inspired Challenge that posted this morning:


Next up - I enjoyed using my first Hero Arts stencil for this, so linking up with A Blog Named Hero:



I used my new Hero Arts Large Lotus Flower stencil, and embossing post over some subtle glitter cardstock from DCWV. As soon as I pulled my stencil off, I sprinkled on some black glitter that I have had in my stash forever! I have no idea who or where it was from, but it was perfect for this. I had glitter EVERYWHERE after this! Oh well!


Once that dried very thoroughly - I used the Thanks word die from Paper Smooches Quote Tag Dies, attached it to a strip of vellum and wrapped it around and attached to the back. Added the pearls on each side, then covered it with Glossy Accents. Once that dried, I attached the entire thing to my card base.


A pretty simple card - but with lots of waiting for stuff to dry! I'm quite happy with how it came out though!

{Edited to add: I am also linking this up with the Stencils: Styling with Stencils Challenge in the Moxie Fab World}

Thanks for dropping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!
    BOLD & BEAUTIFUL colours & design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stunning card!! Just gorgeous!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant and glamorous! I love the way the glitter looks here. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, striking card! The background flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striiking use of the bold stencil. Thanks for joining us at frilly and Funkie x trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vellum was a smart addition so that the sentiment doesn't get lost against the gorgeous background. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such awesome texture!! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete