Friday, May 30, 2014

Miss You - Unity FWF

Good morning! This is one of those weeks that I am so glad it's Friday! Totally sleeping in tomorrow! Anyway - since it is Friday, I'm hopping along with Unity Friends with Flair this morning:


I also made this using the current Unity {be inspired} Challenge colors - in a soft, watercolor way:


I used the February 2013 SMAK Kit to stamp that heart shaped map image - LOVE that image so much! Added a watercolor wash, and then some splashes of red...I don't love those - and if I could do it over, I wouldn't have done that at all!


I didn't notice until now typing this up - but my sentiment came from the February 2013 KOTM - different kit, same release month! Anyway, I embossed it on vellum, then attached over the top with some Tim Holtz tiny staples. Matted the watercolor panel with some soft yellow PTI cardstock, then a cardbase of Avery Elle Kraft - foam adhesive between each layer.


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

21 comments:

  1. I love the splash of red! I think it pops and looks super cool! Nice job! Gotta love the watercolor backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card the way it is Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you rocking it with watercolors or what?!! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo ahhhhhh, this is wonderful! every single part of it... colors, images, sentiment, embossing, watercolors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the heart map paired with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving all your watercolored backgrounds lately! another beautiful card! your vellum embossing looks perfect :)
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Heather, so lovely. Love the splatters and is that heat embossing? I adore what you are all about, house built of cards. So awesome. I have got to get my tail in gear and do a card for the monthly challenge...Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a love card. I love the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that world heart. Nice card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Heather as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the splatters you added. Very fun card. Hope you have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the splash of red works well. I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your watercolor is super amazing. Love how you fit it to the monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet card. I like the watercolor wash.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Great way to use this large Unity image, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the red embossing on the vellum. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The watercolor with the embossed vellum - awesome combination.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is both sweet and beautiful! Love the vibrant pops of color! I'm loving watercolor right now right along with everyone else, so this is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete