Saturday, July 12, 2014

Enjoy the Journey with Heather H

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning with a few cards using the new stamp set for July - I just love the fun mix of images and sentiments on this set!!!


First up - I decided to use the fun lighthouse image:


I stamped, colored, and fussy cut out the lighthouse. Used a Lil' Inker's die to make a window on my blue pattern paper, then added the sun ray pattern paper behind it. Added a torn edge of kraft paper on the bottom with my sentiment, heat embossed in silver, and some torn glitter washi tape on the bottom of that. I added some vellum rays that I trimmed on my paper cutter, then adhered the lighthouse with foam adhesive. Finished off by adding decorative corners to the card.


Next up - how can you not LOVE this adorable VW bug?!?!? I thought it was just the cutest!


I stamped it on some white cardstock, added the sentiment underneath with MFT ink, and used some Tim Holtz distress ink around the edges. Added some jute twine, then mounted with foam adhesive on some pattern paper from MME with a touch of washi tucked underneath.


As a final finishing touch, I covered the bug with some Wink of Stella - super hard to see in the pictures - but so fun and sparkly in real life!


Finally, I used one of the cute new mini sets to make another card - such a cute cupcake, don't you think?


Yep - I went with watercolor for this one! 


I simply stamped it, watercolored it in, then stamped my sentiment underneath. Added a sketchy border around the edges, then covered the bottom of the cupcake and the sprinkles with Glossy Accents before mounting it on a dark gray card base.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute cards Heather. These sets are wonderful. Love your water coloring.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete