Friday, July 18, 2014

Masculine Sail Boat Thank You

Good morning! Slowly working on getting back to crafting after vacation - why is that always so hard? Maybe it was the fact that not only was the entire house a mess, so was my craft desk! Anyway - I love a good challenge for inspiration, always kind of kick starts my creativity - and I saw the challenge over at Mountain Plains Crafters and thought I would play along. The theme is Nautical/Beach. I just love this cute sailboat image and have already used it several times. It is from the Avocado Arts June stamp set Life's a Beach. I am still loving it so much!


For this card, I wanted to make a masculine thank you card. I stamped the image and added a sentiment from Avocado Art's Wishes and Kind Thoughts stamp set. Added some distress ink to the edges, then used my Tim Holtz distress tool to wear it down even more. Also added a few splotches of Heidi Swapp Color Shine. Mounted it on some woodgrain paper from My Mind's Eye, added some jute twine, and a strip of ribbon from my stash. It felt like it needed something more, so I made a little banner from some washi tape, added a tiny Tim Holtz paperclip, and a tiny bit of jute twine tied in a bow.


I also noticed there are only a couple of entries - and the challenge ends today! In case you are looking for something to do with your Friday afternoon! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I went away and spent a lazy week with my sister in June and I am only JUST beginning to recover my mojo...and now I have to HURRY up and create quite a few cards in just a couple of days before we have a 4 day vacation with our little family! Feeling your pain!!! :) Your card is gorgeous!!! I love your chevron banner and pretty ribbon trim. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nautical card! Love the weathered background, the load. and the splatters. thanks for joining Mountain Plains Crafter challenge!

    ReplyDelete