Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Some Fun News!

Hello! I had a fun announcement on the Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine Blog this morning - much to my surprise and delight, one of the 3 cards I sent in for the World Card Making Day contest won! My winning card was in the Season's Greeting category, and will appear in the April 2015 issue.

This card is one of the other three that I sent in, and I thought it expressed my feelings perfectly! I am so incredibly blessed and happy to be part of the paper crafting community! I can't even express all the joy this hobby has brought me, let alone all the friendships - even though I haven't met very many of them in person, I am blessed to call them friends! 


For this card, I stamped and heat embossed that beautiful image from the Unity Stamp Co August Kit of the Month on chalkboard paper, then colored the embossed image in with Copic markers. I die cut the frame with an Avery Elle die, then added some stitching and some smudging with white pigment ink. Added a bow, tucked a doily behind, and finished off with some Glitz designs pattern paper and a few enamel dots.


Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful day!!!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to you!! Awesome news!! Beautiful card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Super exciting news and I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Heather! So happy for your win! You do such BEAUTIFUL work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and congrats, Miss Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Heather! Can't wait to see your winning card! I always love your artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow awesome news:) Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Heather...so happy for you!
    Beautiful card:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Heather!

    ReplyDelete