Thursday, February 26, 2015

It's Your Birthday - Make a Wish!

Good morning! Finally had a bit of time home with daylight yesterday to take some photos of a few cards I have had finished - this is one I made for the current Throwback Thursday Challenge at Wplus9. I am fairly new to this company, so I didn't really have a super old one - the oldest ones I have are sentiment stamp sets, so I thought I would mix it in with a newer stamp set I hadn't had a chance to ink up yet:


I used the darling new set called Pick of the Litter (I love vintage images - and this one is DARLING!) I used a similar layout to the inspiration cards that Maureen Merritt posted by masking off a circle with Post it Note tape, then filling it in with distress inks. I did a little more random splatters than gradient, but I loved the color combo results! Once I removed my mask, I stamped my images, masking off to add the extra kitties, then added my sentiment with my oldest set from Wplus9, Strictly Sentiments. Finally, mounted with foam adhesive on a purple cardbase using MFT cardstock.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your color techniques goes so well with that vintage style stamp! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the colors you used here! Thanks so much for playing along in the WPlus9 TBT Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete