Monday, April 27, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad!

Good morning everyone! I'm posting again this morning on the Butterfly Reflections Blog sharing this card I made for my dad's birthday last week - he turned 70! Definitely a big one that needed to be celebrated! We were able to pull off a surprise party for him after church Sunday before last - which was amazing! We were so happy to have been able to surprise him that way!


Since this was a guy card, I wanted to make sure it was simple and masculine - which is always a challenge for me! I used some pattern paper from Crate Paper's 6x6 Journey Paper Pad - fussy cutting those chevrons out to add some fun color. I built the sentiment using Altenew's versatile Birthday Greetings Stamp set - I make more birthday cards than anything else, and I love having lots of fun options to build the sentiment I want! I used another Altenew set to stamp the "dad" to personalize it, and you might notice that I stamped out the entire birthday song by masking my sentiments a little bit! Finished off by stamping the balloons from the same set and Hero Arts Ombre ink pad (SOOOO fun for balloons - I'm in LOVE with it for that I think!), and some confetti using a tiny dot stamp from that set.


This is a completely one layer card - would be perfect for mailing to someone special as well! Thanks for stopping by this morning! If you haven't checked out the Butterfly Reflections Ink Store before - I hope you'll go take a peek! Tell Vanessa I sent you over! :)

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, i like the coloring of the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I've been considering an ombre ink pad or two, but your balloons might be the project that finally tips them into my card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep, this is fascinating, Heather! Aqua and gold together are like water and sunshine!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete