Saturday, December 19, 2015

New Little Critter Baby Shower Invitations

Good morning! Dropping by to share some baby shower invitations I made with a friend earlier this week! SOOOO happy with how they turned out! The shower is going to be woodland animal themed for a little boy - so these adorable Avery Elle Storybook and More Stories stamp sets were perfect! We were also able to achieve a flat and easy to mail design! YAY!



We made 8 each of 3 different designs. The sentiments were printed from the computer, trimmed into a banner, and with a bit of distress ink applied to soften the colors a bit. Each critter was stamped on watercolor paper, softly colored in, then cut out. We layered some older Authentique papers that I had in my stash (no idea what lines - I just have lots of them and have saved them specifically for things like this!) - and added some messy stitching on the bottom to ground the images. The woodgrain paper is also some older Avery Elle stuff that I had in my stash from a while back, but I believe is discontinued. Would be easy to reproduce with am embossing folder and kraft cardstock though I imagine. We adhered the animals with strong adhesive, but only in the centers. This allows for a bit of dimension, while still keeping the flat design easy to drop in the mail.

Anyway - here is a closer look at each of the designs:




And here are links to as many of the supplies as I could link to - thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

  1. What adorable stamp sets. Your invitation cards are so sweet too. Love the wood grain, the colors, and those watercolored critters. Awesome! TFS Big hugs, Kristina

    ReplyDelete